- Right to Know: The CCPA provides California residents with the right to request that USRC disclose:
- Categories of personal information we have collected about you.
- Categories of sources from which the personal information is collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling or sharing personal information.
- Categories of any third parties to whom we disclose personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- Right to Change: You have the right to request that we correct any of your personal information in our possession that you believe to be inaccurate.
- Right to Delete: You have the right to request that we delete personal information collected from you, subject to certain exceptions.
- Right not to Receive Discriminatory Treatment: We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. This means, for instance, that we will not deny you services, charge you a different price, including a discount or other benefit or impose a penalty for the exercise of your CCPA rights.
How to Exercise Your Rights
You, or a person that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
All requests to opt-out of sharing or for information, deletions or corrections must be made to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or (877) 363-2772.
Upon submitting a request, USRC will attempt to verify your identity by matching identifying information provided by you (or your authorized representative) to the personal information maintained by USRC. If a request is made by an authorized agent, USRC will require you or your authorized agent to provide proof that you gave the agent permission to submit the request. The type of information needed to verify your identify will depend on the type of request you make. If we cannot verify your identity from the information already maintained by us, we may request additional information from you. We will never require you or your authorized agent to pay a fee for the verification of your request.
We will confirm our receipt of your request within 10 days. You may only make a request for access or data portability no more than twice within a 12-month period.
We will respond to your request no later than 45 calendar days after receipt of the request. The 45-day period will begin on the day that we receive the request. If we cannot verify your identity or the authorization for an agent to make a request on your behalf within the 45-day time period, we may deny the request. If necessary, we may take up to an additional 45 calendar days to respond to your request, for a maximum total of 90 calendar days from the day the request is received. If additional time is needed, we will notify you prior to the expiration of the initial 45-day period.